Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

A quick comment here: I run all my cars....from 232 thru 401, with not
one....but TWO clear type fuel filters. One is between the frame
rail/unibody where the line comes up from back...and fuel pump, in other
words, between frame rail before it gets to furl pum. i put another clear
inline filter before carb. You would be surprised the shit that sometimes
comes out of tank, even if professionally cleaned. You can crawl on ground
and look up at the bottom fuel filter, and while miniscule, sometimes small
particles, sometimes if fuel tank never been done, big old chunk of chili or
something.

One of the problems I believe is that you have all this shit designer
gasoline all over the place, so what is blended in say, Phoenix, is not same
we have in Houston, which is not same in Tampa, whihc is not same in St.
Louis. Some of this car filled with MTBE (which has been getting phased out
since it contaminated over 10,000 lakes, rivers and well water in
California) but this MTBE shit will eat thru fuel lines and has also been
responsible for car fires, or as we affectionately call them here in
Houston, Car-B-Ques.

Anyhows, I have made it mandatory each summer to check not only batteries
(which I have a tendency to lose a battery per summer due to excessive heat)
so check batteries for water, but also check all fuel lines once a year like
you would smoke detectors, bend them, ou will be surprrised at they may be
squishy and/or have cracks. Replace them!

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx