Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question UPDATE

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question UPDATE

Well, here is the latest on the 258 woes:

1. I've ruled out the ECU as the culprit in the case of the "seems like it ain't getting enough gas going up hill" 258. I replaced it with a known good ECU and it did not cure the problem.

2. I replaced the filter. It must have been at least partly clogged, 'cause the engine ran slightly better afterwards. However, it still bogs down and lurches on me after it heats up, particularly on inclines.

3. Insulating the gas lines due to vapor lock was suggested. I have a fuel line insulation kit on order. While I'll put it on for giggles, I do not think this is vapor lock. The car rarely shuts down, particularly if you nurse the gas. If it dopes stall, it starts right back up immediately. Would a vapor lock do that????????

4. Filled it up with Sunoco 93 and added a can of STP fuel system cleaner for good measure. Oh, and did I mention that the carb is a brand new Holley?

5. At idle, this engine runs like new! Timing is dead on the recommended 3 degrees BTDC.

6. Plugs, wires are brand new.

I opted out of a great car show at the local state park today in order to work on the Pacer. I am really getting frustrated, as all of it seems to no avail. I think I'll change the fuel pump as I can't think of anything else. It tested 8 PSI, but perhaps the problem is intermittent Terry suggested.
Any other ideas out there? The big Father's day show is next Sunday and I got one week to figure this bugger out!

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.