[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

Charlie, the 8 psi is good. It is possible for fuel pump pressure to
fluctuate, but normally are fairly consistent. I always say "start
with the simple things, the cheap things" when diagnosing problems.
Stock fuel pumps are cheap, maybe $15.00, replace it. The time you
spend trying to figure out if it is good, you can have the new one on
already. Besides, the old one is probably dirty anyway, put a shiny
new one on, this IS the WIFES show car ! ! ! ! Spare no expense ! !
She'll probably pay you back twofold ! ! ! Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrublinX@... wrote:

> I am trying to rule out fuel pump issues with the Pacer 258. I
checked the
> fuel pressure yesterday and it is pushing a solid 8 PSI. I figure
that's good,
> is it?
> Second question, is it possible for a fuel pump pressure to
fluctuate --
> where maybe it was good when I tested it but can drop below an
acceptable  PSI
> without notice, say like when cruising along up a steep hill?
>
>  Charlie
>
> "Cool Factor  X"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional