[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way - me too!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way - me too!

PATRICK. just what kind of Mopar do you have?? When i get my new 401
assembled and  into my Gremlin...dial in everything,maybe we can try
it out?? Where are you located???? At first you didn't sound like a
bad fellow  THEN your big smart ass mouth took over!! Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Charles Burch <warlocke@...> wrote:

> dude face it ur not gonna get 2k on a NO TITLE AND NON DOCUMENTED
CAR
> THAT NEEDS WORK. get that thro ur head, and u sayin this
stubbornness or
> [...]
except
> a car thats a piece of shit for 2 grand.
>
> patrick stambaugh wrote:
> >
> > i can understand why these cars arent worth anything , sitting
here
> > reading all this negitive response , you guys all keep crying
over the
> > same thing all day long , maybe thats why people get ripped off
on
> > ebay maybe noone know here really knows what they are talking
about
> > anyway , who cares really , but please to somebody restoring a
car of
> > fixing theres up needing original parts , 2000 dollars doesnt
seem
> > that hi to me when you sit and think how much your going to spend
> > peicing your whole car together, some guys i know got alot more
into
> > there car buying aftermarket parts and its still not right , so
to the
> > right person this would be a gold mine , so the way i see it time
is
> > on my side anyway the longer i wait the more worth this gremlin
is
> > gonna be worth , the way i see it mopar rules anyway, any money i
get
> > would just go in my mopar to eat amc's anyway so maybe your right
who
> > really does care but if you ask me you bunch of crybabys arent
doing
> > your car club any jus sitting here putting everything someones
say
> > down , all i can say is grow up you crybabys, and to the dude
that
> > bought the grill i dont know how much you paid but see nowyour a
> > little closer to that 2000 dollar mark everyday , ha ha ha ha ha
> > ,sincerly the bashed
> >
> > */lumina333 <lumina333@...>/* wrote:
> >
> >     Glad to hear that you are making progress! I used the $35
spring
> >     compressor today on my 'old' Gremlin. That was an EXCELLENT
> >     investment
> >     on my part I must say!!!!!! I found that after you tighten up
the
> >     compressor just enough to pull the bolts out of the spring
seat, you
> >     can tilt the spring out and it will slide down the A arm as
you
> >     release the tension on the spring. The spring is very
controlled and
> >     not likely to pop out on you. I wish the guy selling them
would add
> >     the correct bolts, washers, & nuts to go on the bottom of the
> >     compressor. I spent more time trying to find the correct size,
> >     length,
> >     & nuts than I did removing both springs! I finally gave up and
> >     went to
> >     Advance Auto and bought some. The bolts should really be
Grade 3 or
> >     better IMHO, and I plan on finding some to keep with the
compressor.
> >     The entire crossmember assembly (from disc brake to disc
brake) was
> >     removed after the springs were taken out. Next I dropped the
entire
> >     steering assembly and lastly the joust bumpers off the old
car. As
> >     soon as I get my 'new' car back from the upholstery shop
(next week?)
> >     I will be ready to start on the new work! Thank God for the
nice
> >     weather today. Also went on a Haunted Hayride tonight with the
> >     family -
> >     tooooooooo fuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn!! ~Lu~
> >     --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >     <mailto:BaadAssGremlins%40yahoogroups.com>, "djdaveinpa"
<djdave@>
> >     wrote:
> >     >
> >     > Got some gremlin time in tonight, cranked that spring
compressor up
> >     > only to find the spring slipped off the rubber... what an
arm
> >     killer.
> >     > Fixed that by spending 30 min. unscrewing and rescrewing the
> >     > compressor tight. Dropped the swaybar, and removed the
strut rod
> >     only
> >     > to find out I have the wrong bushings for both. vendors
suck.
> >     Managed
> >     > to get the upper and lower control arms in, along with the
spindle
> >     and
> >     > backing plate. Unfortunately while I was in the garage with
my
> >     > gremlin, a bear was in my yard with my garbage. Time to
clean the
> >     yard
> >     > up.
> >     >