[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way - me too!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way - me too!

PATRICK. WHY are you being such an arrogant sounding ass???? OHHH
myyy a Mopar man. Sooo you are one of those..."MY brand will beat any
other car"...type of guys?? I feel sorry for you. Everyone has the
right to like what they want..USA here remember! I have owned two 68
Chargers long ago. NICE cars wish i had them back. One i sold..other
a lady ran a stop sign and totalled in 1975.But then again..i owned a
1970 REBEL MACHINE that i was forced to sell in 1977-78. NOW thats
the all time..wish i had it back car for me .I don't give a rats asss
if your car is faster than mine. As long as I like my Gremlin,my
wifes AMX, my Ambassador convertible(one of 1260 made)..i don't CARE
if ANYONE else does! I LOVE my cars..do NOT give a DAMN if anyone
else does!. Oh forgot..i also have a 1965 Falcon Futura 2dr hardtop
i've had since 1982. 289 dual quad 4 speed...etc,and a 1957 F100 with
a 460.Joe. My 2 cents worth again..whether needed or not!  In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, patrick stambaugh <obsydein@...>
wrote:

> i can understand why these cars arent worth anything , sitting here
reading all this negitive response , you guys all keep crying over
the same thing all day long , maybe thats why people get ripped off
on ebay maybe noone know here really knows what they are talking
about anyway , who cares really , but please to somebody restoring a
car of fixing theres up needing original parts , 2000 dollars doesnt
seem that hi to me when you sit and think how much your going to
spend peicing your whole car together, some guys i know got alot more
into there car buying aftermarket parts and its still not right , so
to the right person this would be a gold mine , so the way i see it
time is on my side anyway the longer i wait the more worth this
gremlin is gonna be worth , the way i see it mopar rules anyway, any
money i get would just go in my mopar to eat amc's anyway so maybe
your right who really does care but if you ask me you bunch of
crybabys arent doing your car club any justice
>  sitting here putting everything someones say down , all i can say
is grow up you crybabys, and to the dude that bought the grill i dont
know how much you paid but see nowyour a little closer to that 2000
dollar mark everyday , ha ha ha ha ha ,sincerly the bashed

> lumina333 <lumina333@...> wrote:          Glad to hear that you are
making progress! I used the $35 spring
> compressor today on my 'old' Gremlin. That was an EXCELLENT
investment
> on my part I must say!!!!!! I found that after you tighten up the
> compressor just enough to pull the bolts out of the spring seat,
you
> can tilt the spring out and it will slide down the A arm as you
> release the tension on the spring. The spring is very controlled
and
> not likely to pop out on you. I wish the guy selling them would add
> the correct bolts, washers, & nuts to go on the bottom of the
> compressor. I spent more time trying to find the correct size,
length,
> & nuts than I did removing both springs! I finally gave up and went
> Advance Auto and bought some. The bolts should really be Grade 3 or
> better IMHO, and I plan on finding some to keep with the
compressor.
> The entire crossmember assembly (from disc brake to disc brake) was
> removed after the springs were taken out. Next I dropped the entire
> steering assembly and lastly the joust bumpers off the old car. As
> soon as I get my 'new' car back from the upholstery shop (next
week?)
> I will be ready to start on the new work! Thank God for the nice
> weather today. Also went on a Haunted Hayride tonight with the
family -
> tooooooooo fuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn!! ~Lu~
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "djdaveinpa" <djdave@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Got some gremlin time in tonight, cranked that spring compressor
up
> > only to find the spring slipped off the rubber... what an arm
killer.
> > Fixed that by spending 30 min. unscrewing and rescrewing the
> > compressor tight. Dropped the swaybar, and removed the strut rod
> only
> > to find out I have the wrong bushings for both. vendors suck.
Managed
> > to get the upper and lower control arms in, along with the
spindle
> and
> > backing plate. Unfortunately while I was in the garage with my
> > gremlin, a bear was in my yard with my garbage. Time to clean the
> yard
> > up.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional