First Real Test Of JB-Weld

Last winter I installed billet knobs on the windshield wiper and
headlight switches along with the turn signal indicator lever, and 4 way
flasher and column gear shift lever on the orange Hornet. The knobs on
the wiper & headlight switch always bothered me as they looked to small
and did not blend into the flair on the inst. panel. I decided the shift
lever knob was the right size and decided to replace the smaller ones
with 2 of them. Unfortunately the hole it to big for them to fit so I
tried making 2 sleeves out of plexiglass. That turned out to be a dismal
and time consuming failure as they broke when I tried to drill them out
for the switches shafts. I then plugged up the set screw holes in the
new knobs and filled the shaft holes with JB-Weld and baked them over
night in my dehydrator to cure the JB-Weld to the max. Today I will try
to drill out the JB to the size of the switch shafts and also tap the
holes in the JB for the set screws. Everybody thought the knobs on the
dash were fine, but to me they were just a little off. You all know what
a pain I am about things being just right.
"Doc"