Re: Fuel tank

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> I saved myself $25 today by donig something myself instead of paying someone
> else.
>
> I was suppose to go to the sheetmetal shop today to have them shape my fuel
> tank. Instead, I used some pieces of angle iron, clamps and plywood to bend the
> sheetmetal to is shape. I went to the hardware store and got a small box of
> self tapping screws and used them to attach the sides.
>
> Once I had it together, I slid it up under the Gremlin to see if it fit. It
> took a couple of tries but I finally got it in. I would have hated to spend all
> that time fabricating a fuel tank and have it not go in............now that's
> STRESS!!
>
> Once I knew I could get it in, I concentrated on bending flat bar to secure
> the tank. I'm still not done, but I've accomplished a lot.
>
> Tomorrow is another day..........
>
> Rick

Hey Rick super job on the tank, I just checked out the pictures. I got one suggestion for the tank mounting straps. I use a piece if 1/8" rubber to make a gasket so to speak between the straps and the tank so it is not metal on metal. Are you going to put a fuel tank sending unit in the tank and hook up the gauge on the dash? If so I am not sure what year the gauges are I sent you. I know they are newer than 74. I think in 76 they changed the ohms on the sending unit. I just checked Kennedy American's catalog and it say's 71-77 use the same sendig unit.
"Doc"