Paint

There is only 3 automotive paint supplyers in the whole county. 2 are Dupont dealers and one is a Sherman Williams dealer. The 2 Dupont dealers have deleted the formula's for 74 AMC's, they say they could make it if they had the formula but only in enamel. Sherman Williams can make me the color for the new Hornet but only in enamel. I havent priced paint in a while but a quart of regular enamel 22$ includeing tax seems a little high to me but I guess they got you by the shorty's if you want it. Stopping at a traffic light comeing out of the paint supply place a guy delivering uniforms to a body shop next to a place I worked at 15 years ago said nice car to me. That made up my mind for me, since the car looks so nice polished out I dedided to keep it orange. I am going to super detail the outside which includes touching up the paint in a few spots. I am going to restripe the black factory pin stripe as it is worn off in a few places from someone in the past not being careful with a buffer. I am going to polish the turbine wheels and paint the area between the ribs the same orange as the car. Now to just get a nice DRY WEEKEND to do some of this.
"Doc"