Re: E-Mail Delivery Problem

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 5/7/2004 5:44:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:
>

> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
> > > In a message dated 5/6/2004 5:50:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:
> > >

> > > My first car in 1964 was a 1959 Stude Lark.
> > > >

> > > Doc, Seems we have more in common than AMC's. ...spot in your heart for your first car. Mine is for the Lark. I even have the lark script emblem off the trunk from where I decked it."Doc"
> >
> Doc, First cars are special, my first car was a '66 Fairlane 500 2dr-hardtop that I bought from my cousin in 1969 with a 289, bench seat and automatic. By the time I sold it in 1972 it had a 351 and 3speed on the floor. In 1982 (by this time I was married, two kids and my own buisness) I stumbled on an-other '66 Fairlane 500, also a 2dr hardtop, exact same interior as my first one only the exterior color was different. It wasn't running at the time and I only paid $65 dollars for it. Was I surprised to find, when I went to rebuild the engine that this car had a 427 'FE' BIG BLOCK in it. I still have this car today. 'The Mix'

What a find on the Fairlane. Was it a factory 427 or did someone install it? Low rise or high rise engine? I stopped at my friends shop who owned the Avanti and he said he got 17,500$ for it 3 years ago and saw the car for sale at an auction this past winter and it only was going for 9,500$ before the owner pulled it out of the auction.This guy has had the car since he bought it from my friend.
"Doc"