Re: insurance (was sc/360s)

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Speaking of insurance, there are a few requirements should any of you get
> your old Gremlins or other AMC's insured, but it is worth it,
> www.hagerty.com and www.jctaylor.com are two of the best, about $138 per
> year full coverage for my 69 SC/Rambler wagon *AND* 68 Rebel convertible.
> Neither are driven over 3000 miles per year, both are garaged too, there are
> a few other requirements but no big deal.
> Eddie Stakes
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> I have my regular insurance on my Malibu with "The Hartford" through the AA=
> RP and have my 2 Hornet's on a classic policy with a nationally advertized
> c=
> ompany I found in the Hemmings Motor news and they sent me a list of agents
> =
> near me. Turns out the agent I chose has a 53 Vette that I had seen on My
> Cl=
> assic Car on TV.
> "Doc"
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

My friend has had all his cars insured wth JC Taylor for years. When I went to get my yellow Hornet back on the road 7 years ago he told me to call Taylor. Taylor turned me down. It seems they had a new rule about the daily driver you had to have. They wanted me to have a daily driver tha was not older than 5 years old, my 77 Malibu was 20 years old at the time. I found a company in Hemmings that didn't care how old my driver was and was just recently bought out by Hagerty. When I called my agent to put the new car on the policy he didn't even have the pic's in his hand and I had the insurance cards and got the plates. I bought the car saturday and had the car on the road thursday. It cost me 34$ to add the new car to the yellow cars policy. I pay 135$ a year for both cars.
"Doc"