Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: E-Mail Delivery Problem

In a message dated 5/8/2004 4:23:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@xxxx wrote:

> > Doc, First cars are special, my first car was a '66 Fairlane 500 2dr-hardtop that I bought from my cousin in 1969 with a 289, bench seat and automatic. By the time I sold it in 1972 it had a 351 and 3speed on the floor. In 1982 (by this time I was married, two kids and my own buisness) I stumbled on an-other '66 Fairlane 500, also a 2dr hardtop, exact same interior as my first one only the exterior color was different. It wasn't running at the time and I only paid $65 dollars for it. Was I surprised to find, when I went to rebuild the engine that this car had a 427 'FE' BIG BLOCK in it. I still have this car today. 'The Mix'
>
> What a find on the Fairlane. Was it a factory 427 or did someone install it? Low rise or high rise engine?

Doc, It was a 'center oiler' marine 427, someone had pulled the original 'Z' code 390, but the car still had it's original C-6 column shift automatic,9" posi-rear dual exhaust and the correct Autolite 4 barrel carb. For the unfamiliar folks, a 'Z' code big block in a Ford or Mercury in 1966 was rated at 315 hp and when installed in the Fairlane (first year)it was rarer than those 'S' code 'GT's and 'GTA's. In 25 years I've only seen 2 others, and one was a 2dr sedan.
'The Mix'