Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Rust Converter - Anyone tried it besides me?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Rust Converter - Anyone tried it besides me?

I used it in a spray can form on my boat trailer. Seems to have worked ok. Some rust showing now 2 years later. I use a product similar to POR 15 called Rust Controll by SEM I get it at carquest auto parts in their paint dep. Any auto paint supply store should have it. It is UV resilliant unlike POR 15. It came highly reccommended by a friend in the auto body business and the guy at the store told me" where ever you paint this stuff you will never have rust again. You will have rust where ya didn't paint it".so far I have painted my rear end :o)> cross member and gas tank with it.
 I like it and would reccommend it over the rust converter. It was about 18.00 for a quart.

 Davis

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
Hey BAG gang,
I have used this product in the past and am using it again on my
Gremlin body parts. It is called Rust Converter. This liquid product
comes in a small plastic bottle and when brush painted on the surface
of prepped metal (or unprepped I guess?), it supposedly converts rust
to paint. When applied, it is white/blue in color; when dry, it turns
black. I have used it as a primer base before finish painting car
body parts such as crossmembers, bumpers, etc. I think it does a good
job but would like to hear others' opinions. Anyone else used it?
Like/dislike it?
On a car body as old as the Gremlin, there are rusty areas on just
about everything to some degree. This product is easy to locate (any
AutoZone) and use, I just want to make sure it really works. -Lu-