Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 304 problem

I cranked up the car just a month ago, no problems, drove it up and down the
street. I also went tonight and bought a can of Sea Foam, some industrial
stuff Mark mentioned up north I had never heard of. Auto Zone didn't have it
but O'Reilleys did, about $5.50 a can. My next questions is should I pour it
down the area near #7 as I have the valve cover off. I can't get the car to
fire, turns over but won't start and sure don't want to damage anything if
more serious. Should I drain the oil and pour the stuff in, or just pour it
on top now. Thansk to everyone who has replied so far it is appreciated. No
plumpy, the flairs go with the car if I decide to sell it. You know those
boogers are really tough to find, I have always been a fool for the 77 AMX
flairs and someone called me several years ago about a 77 AMX that had just
gotten into the junkyard in IA, so I called them quickly and asked the yard
owner to see how the flairs and air dam looked, car was red, and rustfree.
He said they looked great no tears and my next question was how much, and he
replied $250. My next questions was mailing address and shipping would be
about $25 he had said, so I next day aired $275 for them. They came in and
they were better than expected, they even included the little bolts. That
set ended up on my 71 SC/360 here.

Right after that a local was selling off a bunch of stuff and he said he
too, had a mixed color set of flairs, and for $150 I jumped on them also,
that is the set on the Gremlin I'm having some problems with currently!

Ironic that this car is NOT a 1974 color, but a 1975 color of J7 Ivory
Green. If you look at my paint chip charts on my website there is no J7. My
guess is that AMC started using 75 colors when production ran over.
Production on 1974 models was supposed to stop July 31st 1974 and 1975
production was supposed to crank up Aug 1st, 1974 for 1975 models. But AMC
asked for, and got, a extension to take advantage of changing emissions laws
by the feds. And they pushed production into November 1974! That is why you
see some oddities for 1974 like late built 74 AMXs with factory steel hoods,
not fiberglass cowl hoods. Hey, they ran out. And Pacer intro was pushed
back also. I have a lot of these production numbers on my website, click on
'parts' then scroll around.

Again, thanks to all who have replied so far.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com