Re: blowers whining thru 232 and 258 intakes...some differences...

Re: blowers whining thru 232 and 258 intakes...some differences...

 As far as bolt-up goes, the 232 and 258 are the
same....BUT, I think the 232 intake was offered ONLY
as a 1-bbl, whereas the 258 could be had with either a
single or 2-bbl carb. I don't think you could even get
a 232 with a 2-bbl carb. So if you wanted the extra
power, you'd have to get the special 2-bbl 258 intake.
Different physically, not just a plate adapter, ya
know. And you'd have to get the "set" of intake and
exhaust, I believe the exhaust manny's were different
between them, but not exactly sure. Best to get the
whole deal if you can, much like disc brake setups. :)

Jerry in Virginia
8 Gremlins, none running dammit ( 2 needing carbs, I
have them now, just need warm weather to install...)