One More Dash Piece Ready for Paint

I spent 4 hours yesterday stripping the metal glove box door with Zip Strip, that old interior paint was pretty stubborn but after 3 coats of stripper, scrapeing and wire brushing it finally came 99% clean. The remainder I wire wheeled off with my Dremil and then sanded it with 320# sandpaper and finshed it up with 400# sandpaper. NEVER use any comercial stripper on plastic parts as it will melt the plastic. I use Castrol Super Clean for plastic parts and Polly "S" plastic model stripper for plastic. As I was thinking about primeing it I found out I was out of black Plasticote pimer so that ended that. I also have to make a jig to hold it so I can prime & paint both sides. I'll use a piece of 3/4 wood balister with a 3/8 wooden dowel to make a "T" and use the holes in the glove box that the plastic face screws to it to screw the door to the jig. I got to pick me up some more primer today. I also have the ash tray face stripped and ready for paint. Next comes the main dash frame I got from Rick, I figure i'll need 2 weeks of intensive work to have the done to my satisfaction. The package tray only needs to be cleaned up real good and panted with SEM dye to make it black. I have 2 clean black kick panels that just need a cote of SEM to make them match all the other new painted parts. The pod gauge panel needs the same cleaning and painting and I also have to find the money for the gauges. I spent 200$ out of pocket in the last month for antibiotics to treat 2 bouts of bronkitus one of which I am fighting now, so there went my gauge money. I am still shooting of a mid April dash installation. The package tray and gauge pod probably will not be installed unless I get my tax refund in time or just decide to order the gauges with the magic plastic card. Later
"Doc"