Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Ye Ole 360

Lu,
 My point was that you don't need a # punch when you remove the connecting rods. They are already marked 1 thru 8 there is a stamp on a small machined flat spot on the side of the rod where the rod and cap come together. Have you ever taken an engine apart before? You might want to go over it in a Technical service manuel just to familiarise yourself with what you need to do. You will need a harmonic balance puller before you can take the timing cover off.
 If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. If you get stuck in the middle of somthing and need a coach you can call me on my cell if ya like I will Email ya the #
 Davis

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
Ok, so I didnt understand which rod. I may be mechanically inclined,
but still need a class in engine anatomy! LOL I will get a number
punch to mark the connecting rods. Thanks guys!-Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
<amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
wrote:
> > ER, I was referring to what Doc said?
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
> > davis@xxxx> wrote:
> > > A.,...... ER..... Um ....we were talking about Connecting
> > rods.......not push rods. You can get push rods new cheap.
> > >  Davis
> > >
> > > lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> > > I figure I can buy a new set of pushrods cheaper than having
the
> > old
> > > ones magnafluxed.
> > > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
> > death
> > > destroying the rod the rods can magnafluxed and the piston end
can
> > be
> > > rebushed and it will be as good as new for a mild street
engine.
> > > Befor removeing the rod caps mark with a center punch the rod
cap
> > > that rod as they are machined together and need to go back on
> > exactly
> > > as they came apart.

> > > corresponding # stamped on the side of each. So no mix up If
you pay attention.

> I was refering to connecting rods not push rods. Push rod's are a
dime a dozen, connecting rods are a nice piece of change new if you
can get them, stock or aftermarket.