Re: Baby Steps

Just recently went thru the frozen rear drums recently myself. I used a whole can of PB Blaster, beat the hell out of the drums with a small 4 lb hammer from behind, even loosened up the adjusting thing inside the back with ascrewdriver. The car had been sitting since 1983 so I was not worrying about damaging anything I just needed it to roll. Finally brought out the torch and got the drum so hot the rust, which has welded to the brake shoes started to give, then beat on it some more, and it finally came off. This was over a period of three days and about a hour each time. I'm not sure if thedrums on the blue AMX are good anynows nor do I wish to sav ethem, as I amparting out the car. However, since the brakes are a important part of thevehicle, if you can save the drums, do it, if not, you can still buy them brand new at places like Auto Zone. But it will take a lot of patience and some good old fashioned elbow grease and toss in a few choice words from Bart :~O)) and they will eventually come off! I would normally say 'have fun'but was nothing fun about sitting on the ground trying to remove these from this beater AMX, it was like I was in a damned live game of Centipede, battling three in long ground dwelling Texas Red Wasps (the PB Blaster works GREAT on them) scorpions, centipedes (I have always though if you cut them in 1/2 they are two different critters) dung beetles, mosquitos, black flies, fire ants, this car had it's own ecosystem and might have been on the federal reserve list. So 'good luck' removing those, not the easiest task, but everything else will be for the most part, easy once done! Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston AMX www.planethoustonamx.com
Scan enclosed of the two biodegradable 68 AMXs

------=_NextPart_001_0022_01C3D2AE.730B78E0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Just recently went thru the frozen rear drums
[...]
removing those, not the easiest task, but&nbsp;everything else will be for the
most part, easy once done! Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston AMX <A
href="http://www.planethoustonamx.com";>www.planethoustonamx.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Scan enclosed of the two biodegradable 68
AMXs</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0022_01C3D2AE.730B78E0--