Re: Baby Steps

Yes, it is truly going to be a 100% project from the tires up (LOL).
I had already planned on replacing the brake drums, so I will take
the sledge out there and work on it. Also, I will check to see what
gear it is in. I can click the tranmission through the gears, but
since the pointer no longer indicates the correct gear, a guess was
as close as I could get (counting clicks to Neutral). I will also
check the parking brake - and will feel like a dummy if it is
engaged! Last resort is to take the drive train apart. When the car
gets to my house, it will be dissembled. I will try to remember to
take my camera out there on my next trip to get photo documentation!
Luinda
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:

> Another thought is to make sure the E brake is not on along with
the tranny being in park. I just moved a 74 amx to my house and had
the same problem, rear wheel wouldn't turn ,,,,,,,,,,,the parking
brake was on.

> Davis
>

> Sounds like you got some project just getting the car home. I would
say the PB Blaster and a good hammer would get the drum off or at
least loosened. Also Rick has a valid idea too, maybe the car is in
park and you didn't realize it. You could always take out the drive
shaft since the car is not running.