Re: Having a Hard Time finding a 401

To whoever is considering buying the 401V8: $450 for a running enging is a bargain. I sold two non running 401s last year for $600, and $800 respectively, and a 390 for $900. Others charge MORE, call some of them on my vendors list. Some charge less like pick a parts, where you can get a engine for $89, but even that is a risk. You can sell thet 401 BLOCK alone for $450 if you want, the crank $150-$250, heads $100-$300 a pair and so onif that is a option. My suggestions is if you do not buy that 401, the next time, and that is "if" you find one, it probably won't be running.....
and will be a lot more than $450. So pick it up even if you don't need it, you can place a ad for it in some of the national AMC rags and hake a couple of hundred $$$ for your time! PS: 401s are in **HIGH DEMAND** byt Jeep enthusiasts, more so than AMC folks. Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston aMX www.planethoustonamx.com