Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Having a Hard Time finding a 401

From: "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
Date: 2003/12/29 Mon PM 03:54:13 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Having a Hard Time finding a 401

You'd pay that much for a running 350 chevy and if this 401 is running 450$ is a freakin steal,go for it you'd havta tear into any other motor hell nowadays finding any decent V8 is hard i found a 302 out of a 73 F100 fro my 77 F100 and DOH! the comp test read 0 so please don't think you'll find a fresh ready to go perfect V8 in your local junkyards and if you do you'd certainly pay out the ass for it!!!buy the 401 asap you def.lucked out bigtime!!
Bart
After calling over a dozen salvage yards, I have only found a couple
of 360's and only one 401 V8 engine. The 401 is running, and came out
of a 1977 Cherokee. Man wants $450 for it. I don't know if this is
worth it or not. What if the cylinders are marred? What if the rings
are worn out? Can't see paying this much if I am going to have to
tear it down anyway. I really would like to stay with AMC, but
appears to be difficult. Still trying.....