Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

It was a beeeeeeautiful day here on the central Coast.   Like Spring, 70
degrees, little wind.
I separated the intake and exhaust manifolds for the 232 on my Gremlin,
bead blasted them, drilled out and re-tapped two manifold studs and painted some
other
engine hardware.
I'm reusing the Prestnolite ignition on the Gremlin just because, and I had to
purchase a replacement vacuum
chamber for the distributor advance. I found out that rockauto no
longer lists those Presto distributors,
  I have two other Presto distributors here at home and they
both have blown vacuum chambers.  But they work when the work, so it's OK with
me.
That's a job for tomorrow.

Also,tomorrow I need to put the Pertronix unit in the rebuilt distributor on my
65 Rambler
and take it out on US 101 for the first time under it's own power.  Then drive
it to work a couple days next
week.

I didn't have to worry about snow chains today.  In fact a few weeks ago I
scrapped a pair of new chains that were hanging
in the garage, left behind by the previous owner.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA