Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Rambler stuff this weekend?

Dusted the snow off.
Popped the hood.
Pulled off the air cleaner.
Gave it a shot of starting fluid.
Got in.
Turned the key.
Rolled the driver's side window down.
Drove.

I was driving my wife's Highlander for errands, then remembered that
the original owner had called the car "Traveller". Not just after a
southern horse some hundred and forty five years ago or so, but
because when everything else was parked - her and her family piled
into the Rambler and headed out for the North Georgia mountains. If
the roads were snowy or icy, they put the chains on. She didn't baby
it at all, and it held up fine (except for being parked for 12
years!). I'm not going to baby it, either.

Heck, I have the chains it came with. Didn't put 'em on as the roads
are finally okay almost everywhere. But I didn't park it. I wandered
off and ran errands in it. I think it might be cool to dig out the
chains, pop 'em in a box and put 'em in the trunk again.