[AMC-list] Got the spring installed.

The car (65 American) still sits 1/2 inch lower on the driver side.  This, inspite of the fact that I installed the longest used spring on the driver side. That's more level than with the old springs however.  The rear leafs are new, so that isn't a factor.  I wonder if the battery weight on the driver side is that much of a factor. Steering box is over on the left too.  Anyway I hope I'm through for now.  I did use the Garyjav spring tool and it worked fine for installation.  I compressed the passenger side spring under my 64 Classic like pretty much like Frank Swygert had suggested. There's still things to do but I'm finally getting closer to having it on the road.

I'm gonna use water wetter in the cooling system to help compensate for some of the cooling problem Tom J. has pointed out.  When I ever want to invest the effort I'll install the cooling bypass he designed too.  And if I ever pull the head again I'll use ARP studs.

Here's a pic of the spring tool in use:
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/pacerman_01/77%20Gremlin%20X/65%20Rambler%20American/?action=view&current=002-1.jpg

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA