Re: [AMC-list] Favorite gas tank sealant?

Re: [AMC-list] Favorite gas tank sealant?

I used Caswell's Phenol Novolac two years ago and zero problems. It's
gasoline and alcohol proof.

It's all in the prep work. Prep is a BIG DEAL, you really need to get
it down to bare roughened metal inside and that's a tough job. Media
blasting would be best. I would grossly over-do the cleaning and
degreasing.

http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Gas-tank/index.html

I'm not that happy with how rust-free I got mine. I think it's OK
because I definitely got it fully degreased, purple degreaser ("garage
floor cleaner") then lacquer thinner.