[AMC-list] Electrical Help

You guys have been a huge help with my 70 AMX so I am going to keep asking questions.  I have attached photos of my alternator.  There are four wires going to the alternator one of which consists of black and green on an "L" connector, pretty dummy proof if correct for this alternator.  The power is no problem, but where does the orange wire go on this alternator?  I believe it is wired correctly but it is not charging the battery.  I had it tested at Checker and it is a good alternator.  What am I doing wrong?  The voltage regulator is new ( and I have connected two used ones ).  If something is wired incorrectly could I immediately be frying my voltage regulator?
Jim