[AMC-list] AMC 327 - major score

While looking through the local CL lists the other day I found a lisitng
for an AMC 327.  The one in my 66 wagon is very tired and the plan is to
get it rebuilt next winter.  I call the guy in the ad and he says it is a
68 Jeep engine.  AMC stopped using them in passenger cars in 1966 but
continued to sell them to Jeep until 68.  BUT, the good part is that the
engine was a zero mile rebuild by a reputable local shop.  He sent me a
couple of pics and today we went down and hauled it home.  Looking in the
plug holes everything is shiny and new and it spins by hand.  It was
rebuilt about four years ago and then the PO decided that the project
truck was too far gone.  So now it is home and the best part is - I got a
zero mile rebuild for $300!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Superglider/66Ambo/P1010330.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Superglider/66Ambo/P1010326.jpg

I need to finish this project first though

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Superglider/66Ambo/P1010329.jpg

Wayne
Wayne and Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY
AMO#8454,  http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 Harley FLHTCI, 2000 Jeep GC Limited 4.7
2001 Cherokee, 2002 Caddy Seville Northstar V8