--------
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 23:52:14 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

In the spare time I don't have, I spent a couple hours in the last week
hunting info on the Quad 4 motor... OK it's only reading, but anecdotes from
rebuilders, hot rodders, etc...people in a position to actually know, not
blind fans nor haters...

It's a mess of a motor. It sure is pretty though! And makes a lot of power,
and ... but there's like 6 blocks, 4 cranks, 3 rods, not just because of the
two or three different displacements, but because of design flaws, head
cranks, weird gasket problems, ...

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts