From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Quad 4 in 58-60 Rambler
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 22, 2009, 9:47 AM

You just scratched the surface, but come to a great point -- you need to research a bit so you know which one to get. In general, the later ones have all the quirks and bugs worked out. Rather than a Quad-4 you really want a 1996-2001 "Twin-Cam". Same engine, new name to mark all the improvements. Any of those should be good to go. The rodder community calls them all Quad-4, thus a bit of confusion. I'm pretty sure the one the guy on hotrodders.com is building is a 96-97 model, but I'll ask.

The Ecotec appears to be based on the Q4 design, though of course thoroughly modernized.