From: "Frank Swygert" <farna@xxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] fads and wagons

> Vinyl roofs don't HAVE to be bad -- some look good, and as long as the car
was garage (or at least carport) kept they seem to be fine. It's after
they've been parked in the weather for years that problems start to appear.
Whether it's because an owner didn't keep the car mostly covered or it was
at the end of it's life cycle and sat for years before being recovered by an
enthusiast is beside the point. It's like the guy who had a Rambler once,
and it was "the biggest POS" he ever had. He neglected to mention he was the
10th owner, it had well over 100K on it when he got it, and it hadn't been
close to properly maintained in years. But it still ran reasonably well.
That's a testament to durability, not a POS! Neglecting a vinyl roof is
similar.