Re: [Amc-list] WHat year 258's get water intake? Real world advantage?

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mine has that funky little tube. It's disconnected as I have some work
> to do (again). But it was that goofy tube under the intake plate. And
> that other goofy pipe sticking up in back for the heater valve. Sure
> hope it doesn't leak! Maybe I oughta check that before putting
> everything together again.

All those heater valves are rotten! I bought a real brass pipe nipple
from NAPA and an inline heater valve. I have part numbers somewhere if
you want it. The stock cable fits it and it works fine; it just floats
around on the hose, but it's light and works great. There's 6" of hose
from the nipple to the valve, and then hose from the valve to the
heater.

How's the intake heater connected?