Re: [Amc-list] WHat year 258's get water intake? Real world advantage?

Re: [Amc-list] WHat year 258's get water intake? Real world advantage?

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" re: the intake heating tube
"
" []
"
" As far as warm-up goes, OK I'm in Los ANgeles but I can tell you this:
" under 1 mile of street driving (30 mph) and I can detect warmth out of
" the heater. It's fully warmed up (190F) in 5 minutes (a mile or two).
" The 232-powered Classic, takes 5 minutes just to feel any heat at all,
" and twice that to fully warm up.
"
" It may be that the 195.6OHV is simply a "bad design" and all that
" waste heat collects in the head where the heater gets it, and the 232,
" it goes into turning the crank. But it's nicer to drive on a chilly
" morning :-)

my '66 american 199 heated up like your 196, but my '68 199 warms up
like your classic.