---------
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:43:58 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Anyone here run the 195.6 OHV (or L-head, for that matter) in really
cold weather? I would imagine it does pretty well with that intake
design. Of course power and revs are a joke, but hey.

I've got a 2 bbl on mine, but I have a couple of 1 bbl plates here,
one with the water heated tube. It's hard to imagine that this was
added, to an "intake" that's a 1" groove in cast iron right over the
exhaust valves.

The funniest part is how it blocks half the area of the carb port, as
if there's a lot of flow capability to spare.

Clearly, drivability and economy was the goal. Flow-wise, what a mess!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"