[Amc-list] I NEED some things..>BUT my AMC LIST has failed!

[Amc-list] I NEED some things..>BUT my AMC LIST has failed!

Greetings All!

For some inexplicable reason, my AMC LIST incoming (and outbound?  I can't
tell) has stopped bringing in the 'news' from you all...and I am in need of
some things..wicked bad...

First...would someone kindly send me message to ' jerijan@xxxxxxxxxxx '
telling me if this message was posted to the list.  That will tell me at
least I can post...

Now for the Saddest Story; I have a '67 American 220 which was originally
purchased by Grace VanDerVeer when she was 69 years old.  She drove it until
about 1988 adding a grand total of 30,317 miles to the car.  Then, due to
her 'age', she didn't drive this car any longer...it sat in the
garage...waiting for me, of course...
In 2006 Grace Passed on at the age of 108...and on Battleday (a state
holiday in Vermont which is celebrated in Bennington with a huge statewide
parade), while I was accompanying my group of 'Ambassadors of Goodwill' down
the parade route, I was called over to the curb where this fellow told me
about this Rambler in a garage for sale..would I be interested.

I said 'No thank you...I've enough...but I'll take a look anyway'  (You all
know what that really means, of course, just like I do)...anyway...I went to
that garage and there was this old Rambler, dirty with 1988-2006
coatings...I took one look (literally) and intending to say, 'No thanks',
out of my mouth came, 'Ill take it'.

After a rather long wake up...the car is now mostly a decent 'daily driver'
(with reservations, I don't want to overmilage it..).

In view of the car's history, we started to call it 'Gracie' (after, of
course, her original owner, Grace).

Now Gracie isn't perfect...  She did have 21 years of Bennington/Vermont
winters which rendered her some rust in the usual places...but nothing too
bad.  I figured I'd put some metal into the quarters when I get to it.

After two years under my wing, Gracie got a midwinter run just to grab a
dozen eggs....and on the way home...

BAM!!

Some IDIOT with a NY learner's permit, likely high on something, driving
someone else's van with incorrect licence plates left Stewart's variety
store and destroyed Gracie's left quarter panel..

So...I am  in need of a left quarter which should include 'floor extention'
(the inside of the quarter which attaches to the trunk floor), as much of
the inner wheelhouse as possible and come from a two door only.  It need not
be perfect, just repairable.  I will post pictures of Gracie so you can see
what is beat.

I am BUMMING!  The damage is such that 'rebuilding' the quarter will look
like, well, you know...  And on top of it, I can't monitor the AMC list.

So...anyone got a quarter or a line on one?  I'd be interested in the right
1/4 too, but that needs not be the whole thing..just the lower inner and
outer behind the wheel.  (you know, the 'usual').

PLEASE respond...I have to find a quarter and get a price because my
insurance is paying for this..and they won't 'estimate' the damage without
knowing the parts costs..

Also...has anyone actually replaced a quarter on an American of this era?
The flat rate manual says 8.5 hours cut off and weld on, but every body shop
so far says NOT LESS THAN SIXTEEN hours for just that.  Anyone have an idea?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know...or suggestions for fixin Gracie back up.
She belongs to Bennington, and I feel like I've let her down!

And please let me know if this posts...reply to jerijan@xxxxxxxxxxx please.

Thanks, as always..

Jj