Re: [Amc-list] I NEED some things..>BUT my AMC LIST has failed!

Re: [Amc-list] I NEED some things..>BUT my AMC LIST has failed!

You can read the AMC-List at http://www.amcyclopedia.org/amclist. You
can post from there as well once you log in (try the "Request new
password" link if you haven't logged in before -- send me an email if
you can't get in).

Concerning the parts you need, the outer rear wheelhouse and trunk drop
off panels are the same on all American body styles. Those parts should
be identical for 1966-69 but I wouldn't be surprised if they are the
same for 1964 and 1965 as well. You can use a quarter panel from a
1966-69 American. The bad news is you need one from a two door
(convertible, hardtop, or sedan should work unless the entire panel is
going to be replaced) which is in the most demand so it will be the most
expensive. NOS do pop up from time to time (I just picked up an NOS 4
door quarter off of eBay a month ago). If you're considering the used
route, I've had good look with South Texas AMC
(http://southtexasamc.tripod.com). If you're a member of AMCRC or AMO,
placing want ads with them will also help find parts. Another
alternative is to find a parts car.

Matt

On 2/19/2009 12:08 PM, Jerijan spouted this sage advice:
> Greetings All!
>
> For some inexplicable reason, my AMC LIST incoming (and outbound?  I can't
> tell) has stopped bringing in the 'news' from you all...and I am in need of
> some things..wicked bad...
>
> First...would someone kindly send me message to ' jerijan@xxxxxxxxxxx '
> telling me if this message was posted to the list.  That will tell me at
> least I can post...
>
> Now for the Saddest Story; I have a '67 American 220 which was originally
> purchased by Grace VanDerVeer when she was 69 years old.  She drove it until
> about 1988 adding a grand total of 30,317 miles to the car.  Then, due to
> her 'age', she didn't drive this car any longer...it sat in the
> garage...waiting for me, of course...
> In 2006 Grace Passed on at the age of 108...and on Battleday (a state
> holiday in Vermont which is celebrated in Bennington with a huge statewide
> parade), while I was accompanying my group of 'Ambassadors of Goodwill' down
> the parade route, I was called over to the curb where this fellow told me
> about this Rambler in a garage for sale..would I be interested.
>
> I said 'No thank you...I've enough...but I'll take a look anyway'  (You all
> know what that really means, of course, just like I do)...anyway...I went to
> that garage and there was this old Rambler, dirty with 1988-2006
> coatings...I took one look (literally) and intending to say, 'No thanks',
> out of my mouth came, 'Ill take it'.
>
> After a rather long wake up...the car is now mostly a decent 'daily driver'
> (with reservations, I don't want to overmilage it..).
>
> In view of the car's history, we started to call it 'Gracie' (after, of
> course, her original owner, Grace).
>
> Now Gracie isn't perfect...  She did have 21 years of Bennington/Vermont
> winters which rendered her some rust in the usual places...but nothing too
> bad.  I figured I'd put some metal into the quarters when I get to it.
>
> After two years under my wing, Gracie got a midwinter run just to grab a
> dozen eggs....and on the way home...
>
> BAM!!
>
> Some IDIOT with a NY learner's permit, likely high on something, driving
> someone else's van with incorrect licence plates left Stewart's variety
> store and destroyed Gracie's left quarter panel..
>
> So...I am  in need of a left quarter which should include 'floor extention'
> (the inside of the quarter which attaches to the trunk floor), as much of
> the inner wheelhouse as possible and come from a two door only.  It need not
> be perfect, just repairable.  I will post pictures of Gracie so you can see
> what is beat.
</snip>
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx