Re: [Amc-list] Polishing / Preserving Aluminum - Cleaning the 196 intake

Re: [Amc-list] Polishing / Preserving Aluminum - Cleaning the 196 intake plate

I've never dealt with any Al car parts, but I'll toss in a little
general knowledge gleaned from years with sailboats and electronics.
If you've got a rough/textured surface you need to clean, blasting
with an appropriately gentle media is the way to go.  For smoother
surfaces, there are aluminum polishing compounds; hit a sailboat
store and they should have something.  For a finish that's going to
protect against future oxidation, I think anodizing can't be beat.

Jonathan