[Amc-list] Polishing / Preserving Aluminum - Cleaning the 196 intake pla

[Amc-list] Polishing / Preserving Aluminum - Cleaning the 196 intake plate

[quote]

Any recommendations for polishing it? Use a dremmel or some such? Not
sure if I want to polish it, or just clean it as the car will be a
driver - but if I were? A dremmel, or some emery cloth and a double shot
of coffee?

Once clean, do I leave it bare metal, or?

[unquote]

http://www.roadsters.com/wheels/

[quote]

Use a bead blasting cabinet with fine abrasive. Put on a clean,
tight-fitting dust mask. When I bead blast a wheel I do the entire
wheel, concentrating on the inside, where it's most needed. Different
results are possible by blasting with plastic media or walnut shells.

[then]

For a smoother finish, 3M <http://www.mmm.com/> makes two products that
in my view have revolutionized metal finishing:

Scotch-Brite pads and discs; and their SandBlaster sanding sponges.

To protect bare aluminum or magnesium from oxidization and fingerprints,
I know of nothing better than Gibbs Brand
<http://www.roadsters.com/gibbs/>. Please read the page that I wrote
about it <http://www.roadsters.com/gibbs/>. It's amazing.

[end quote]

http://tinyurl.com/9nyfo