Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

Victor the Cleaner wrote:

> But I just peeled up the trim and carpet on the '63, and there are no
> threaded holes for seat belt attachment to be found down below the door
> pillar.  I assume that, since they're not there, I'm not going to find
> them on the drive shaft hump either.  What's the recommended procedure?

Really? Were .ca ramblers not equipped with belts? Never saw and AMC
without 'em.

Look from under the car, up. Should be within 6" of a line drawn between
the rearmost seat mounting bolts. The innermost one is close to the hump.

I feel naked without a seat belt on. I was sloppy about wearing them
until I autocrossed some years ago, and learned you can't really control
a car without 'em.

Of course on our soft-spring seeee-dans with no anti-roll bars and bench
seats, you generally 'dont go there'.