Re: [Amc-list] 61 American moves north

Bruce Griffis wrote:

> I run into trouble every now and then with the Rambler, as I remember
> the Mercedes and shift into 1st - but it's really reverse. Haven't hit
> anything yet.

That's what I'm afraid of with the 61!

I wish I had a 3-onna-twee. Bench seats. All that crap I used to get rid
of quick! Pitch it! As too too ordinary is now all weird and exotic and
stuff. Pretty much makes your car unstealable; do *any* import-scene
kids know how to even operate these old things?

I do recall the reality of my very first car, a junkyard-headed 65
Classic. Shifting into 3rd I'd constantly get the linkage-lockup thing
and had to coast to a stop on the side of the road and wrench the greasy
levers back into position. What a PITA! All those worn levers and scrape
out pot metal -- >SHUDDER<<.

But these days I could probably make one work reliably.