Re: [Amc-list] 61 American moves north

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" You can get brand new Asian trucks with FIVE SPEED column shifts!

wow.

well, not much more than 4 on the tree...

" A friend has a 61 Mercedes with a FOUR SPEED on the column.

i can picture it!  my grandmother had a '59.  she was in the process of
selling it to my brother when she died in the early '80s; i drive it a
while before he could pick it up.

i learned how to drive on a saab 96 with 4 on the tree, so i don't see
it as strange.

unless it was a deliberate disinformation plant, gm also flirted with
4-sp column shifters; the '88 mitchell interchange had a listing for
such a column for the '69-ish g10/g20 vans.  they also listed the
tranny as a t-10 with the same 3.42 1st as the '83 camaro one, but it
would've been a s1 super like the amc ones where the camaro's was a
s3.