------------
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:13:39 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Welp went down to Joe Smith's and took the '61 2-door to it's new home.
We hung out a bit, then loaded up the wagin with rusty metal and drove
the larger chunk of metal home. Runs nice actually.

Funny, I like the bench seat and column shift. The crazy 50's shift
pattern though, that's a way to get in trouble fast.

Won't get to do too much to it for a while, and I have to figure out
what it will be. I plan on finishing what Joe started, and attacking the
trunnions, brakes etc as I did on my 63. Maybe this one will get discs.
Joe did a lot of work on the body!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"