Re: [Amc-list] 61 American moves north

Frank Swygert wrote:
> The only things to watch out for on the 61 vs. the 63 are the rocker
> panels and the inside door handles. Everything is pretty much the
> same as 62-63 models except the rockers aren't galvanized (they were
> starting in 62, and some other panels also, so the 61 will rust out
> faster), the inside door handles use pins and flexible rubber
> grommets to hold them on (push in on the grommet at the bottom and
> wiggle handle, pin will fall out -- push in at top and wiggle to
> insert pin) like the 50 Nash Rambler did, and of course the grille
> insert is different.

Oh that's weird. Never saw those handles before! THanks for the warning,
and tip!

> I don't think the shift pattern is "crazy",

This is the early BW shift pattern, P N D2 D1 L R. Plus it's worn so the
detents are off position, so you have to rummage around a bit for the
right gear. This sort of thing is tough to get right once it's old and worn!

In a car this light and underpowered, the little BW 12 should last forever.