Re: [Amc-list] vacuum wipers

>>> Second, how best to perk up a groggy wiper motor?
>> Peter Stathes? Mac McCoy? rebuild them about $100/pop. I've done
>> quickies on mine, OK if they're not too far gone. Complete disassembly,
>> clean and lube. Vaseline is about right.
>
> Okay, so nothing specific.  I'm thinking this is probably a good place
> for silicon spray, since it can't make its way into the fuel system.
> I think I'd have a hard time justifying paying that sort of money for
> a rebuild, so I guess I'll crack open one of my spares and see how
> things look.
<snip>

So $100 to have it rebuilt is cheaper than the damage that could be
caused to you or your car cause you can't see in the rain? That's like
putting a 1000 horse motor in the car and leaving the 40 year old 9"
manual drum brakes on it.

BTW, TSM = Technical Service Manual. That is what AMC called their shop
manuals. They are worth every penny.

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx