------------
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:32:04 -0700
From: Victor the Cleaner <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx>

In my continuing effort to achieve a quickie rehabilitation of this ride...

1. Can anyone tell me offhand what the parking brake cable lengths are?

2. I can't quite seem to recall from ages past how to distinguish the
287 and 327 from the outside.  Was it a number cast into the rear of the
block (i.e.  under the flex plate)?

3. Has anyone ever come up with a modern replacement for the block heater
for the 287/327 (2" hole), or am I stuck buying NOS?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"