Re: [Amc-list] Rambler content (new 4.0L six wishes)

I wouldn't mess with the block at all, just cast a new cross-flow cylinder head! I wonder how close the Aussie slant six hemi head is to the 4.0L bore spacing, bore,  and head bolt pattern? Now if that could be modified to fit you'd just about have what you want! A new front with double overhead cams (or even a single!) would be nice too. there's the slim possibility of modding an old Pontiac OHC head to fit, but like the slant six hemi I doubt the bore/spacing/bolt pattern are close enough. Pushrods for the hemi might be as much "fun" as modding the front for the OHC belt and cover.

----------------
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:43:36 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Be real nice if we could get them to drag that 4.0L pile of molds out and cast up some new block with cross flow overhead cams!  How about having them not change anything with the bottom end so we can still sneal those old 4.2L cranks in!

While we're wishing, maybe go ahead and add the 5th bolt round each cylinder for some serious turbo fun !!!

All we need is the right group of engineers to point out how smooth a straight six runs!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"