Re: [Amc-list] 62 Classic brakes

mask1966@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> It's 20 degrees outside (40 in my garage), but I have torn apart my
> right front?brake to see if I can find out why my 9" Wagner drum
> brakes are not stopping me like they should. Here is the scoop as I
> know it:

Sounds fine, assembled right. THe adjuster junk does go on the trailing
shoe.

High pedal pressure but otherwise good brakes could be wrong master
cylinder bore. Test drive, use two feet if necessary, but see if you can
lock 'em up. If it behaves well other than pressure, could be MS bore
(exchanges master wrong bore) or pushrod in wrong hole.If you didn't
personally do the work...