Re: [Amc-list] Fightin' the Oil Pump

I am using the same cam and lifters (appropriately placed) so I don't have to worry about cam break in.  I have liberally used Iskenderian cam lube throughout the motor as my assembly lube.  I think the problem is that pump is put together without the gasket between the base and top plate. That's where the leak is coming from.  I don't remember that gasket being in the rebuild gasket kit.  That's a one year application so it might not be there.  I just don't recall the details (how long was it apart?) etc., of how it went back together.

I'll be out of town this week.  I'll deal with it next Saturday.

Joe