Re: [Amc-list] Fightin' the Oil Pump

Joe Fulton wrote:
> My 65 Rambler 195.6 has the full pressure oiling system and I'm
> having trouble getting a prime.  I pulled the oil pressure relief
> valve plunger and filled the pump with oil (as stated in the TSM),
> but now I'm losing oil through the seam between the pump base and the
> outer plate.  It's in a bad place to take apart but I'm gonna have to
> manage it.

Joe, I have that old rusty one here. Would photos of the pump assembly
help visualize what to look for? I suppose it has to come off anyways to
fix. Bad/torn gasket?

What a PITA. good luck with that.

At least you are doing this BEFORE you run the motor! Could be a lot worse!

Have you added some ZDDP supplement to the oil for startup?