[Amc-list] Fightin' the Oil Pump

My 65 Rambler 195.6 has the full pressure oiling system and I'm having trouble getting a prime.  I pulled the oil pressure relief valve plunger and filled the pump with oil (as stated in the TSM), but now I'm losing oil through the seam between the pump base and the outer plate.  It's in a bad place to take apart but I'm gonna have to manage it.  I might have to lift the engine off of the mounts.  I think Frank said something about that in an earlier post.  I didn't have any other way to prime it, but to fill it with oil (90 wt that I had handy) and pull the spark plugs and crank the engine.  No oil pressure and cranking speed and now there's that leak which could be letting the pump lose it prime.  Gotta deal with it somehow.  The engine is full of 30wt oil.

This is supposed to be fun but sometimes it isn't.

Joe Fulton