[Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96 Dodge

[Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96 Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

not anywhere near charlottesville, but my input:

sounds like maybe tps. where did you check fuel pressure? did you check fuel pressure at idle, or with throttle open? possible fuel filter is plugged, and provides pressure at idle, but nothing more. what about injectors. have you checked to see how nasty they are? maybe they are plugged. a lot of good shops can test/clean injectors in-house. my only other idea is bad ecu. or maybe the ground to the ecu? have you checked all grounds well? bad ground will do WIERD things....

just my thoughts.

i have discovered, (since i started working on ecu cars) that i HATE the computers on them. i have a pretty good odbI/odbII scanner/reader gizmo. it tells me what the ecu says just fine. but alot of times, the dam ecu dont know what is going on. replace/clean/repair what ecu says is bad, turns out its something totally different....

might be worth investing in an odbII reader. they are fairly cheap now. i think you said it was '96 correct? 96 and newer are odbII. older is odbI.

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules