Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96Do

Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

i have discovered, (since i started working on ecu cars) that i HATE the
computers on them. i have a pretty good odbI/odbII scanner/reader gizmo. it
tells me what the ecu says just fine. but alot of times, the dam ecu dont
know what is going on. replace/clean/repair what ecu says is bad, turns out
its something totally different....

YUPPERS!  I was told the ECU does go stupid.  So do O2sensors.  And some
other sensors.  When they go stupid, they don't know they are, so they
'tell' noone (not the ECU, that is).
When the ECU goes stupid, who knows?

How does one 'test' the ECU except by replacement?

Jj